Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Decor and Cards using Cricut Artbooking

When the new Close to My Heart Artbooking Cricut Cartridge came out I wasn't sure if it was for me.  I mean here was a cartridge to quickly and easily make scrapbook pages and mini albums.  I have never really felt comfortable with traditional scrapbooking - my background was more cards and papercrafts.  Since becoming a Consultant for Close To My Heart I have ventured slowly into scrapbooking.  I find I prefer digital scrapbooking over traditional scrapbooking - except for the mini albums that I make for gifts.  Since the new cartridge has mini albums I decided to give it a try.

Oh My Goodness!  I have absolutely fallen in love with this cartridge.  I first used this cartridge at a weekend retreat and spent the whole weekend making things with the Artbooking Cartridge.  Pictured below are the items I made for Halloween.


I made cards from a mini album.  The Jack-O-Lantern, Trick or Treat on the Spiderweb, the Graveyard, and the round Spooky House were all made from a 6x6 mini album button (I changed the size from 6" to 4" to make the cards).  The Hauted House scene was from an 11" page that I reduced to 9 inches to create a decoration for the metal cabinets above my desk at work.  The cat and spider in the web were also from 11" pages that  I reduced.  The spider in the web was cut out of the black glitter paper and the black cat was sized to match a stamp and then I used green glitz for the eyes.

The best part of all these projects - once I set the size on the cricut all the pieces were cut to the right size and it was so quick and easy.  I'm so glad that I gave the Artbooking Collection a try - it's not just for scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment